BeeKeeper Custom Workshop
*** PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING - IMPORTANT INFORMATION ***
"Thanks for a great workshop Beekeeper Parade so much fun watching Luis & Ziggy design their custom bags." - Ali
We are super excited to offer our Customisation Workshops this November 2019. They have always been super fun!
EARLY BIRD OFFER: Book by Oct 31st Midnight AEST and receive a custom Makeup OR Tote bag as a bonus to your order! Yay!
All products made during this series will be ready for pick up at one of our stores no later than Dec 5th. Way in time for Christmas! You may choose to have it posted to you instead if you like.
The $50 dollars listed here is the customisation workshop fee only. On the day, you may choose which item you would like to customise and may pay the difference on the day. Below is the customisation price-list dependent on which product you choose.
Weekender Large: $219
Weekender Medium: $199
Royal Backpack: $179
Mini-Royal or Classic Shirt Backpack: $159
Shoulder Bag (NEW!): $89
Purse or Bumbag: $65
Tote bag and Makeup Bags: $50
* For discounted pricing if your intend to make more than 5 items, please contact us at email@example.com
Workshop dates for your reference. If for any reason you are not asked to choose your workshop date and time we will email you to confirm session you would like to book into.
Wed Nov 6th: 1-3pm, 6-8pm - Booking now closed for this session.
Thu Nov 7th: 1-3pm, 6-8pm - BOOKED OUT BOTH SESSIONS.
Fri Nov 8th: 6-8pm - Booking now closed for this session.
Sat Nov 9th: 6-8pm - Booking now closed for this session.
Sun Nov 10th: 5-7pm BOOKED OUT.
Mon Nov 11th: 1-3pm OPEN, 6-8pm BOOKED OUT
Tue Nov 12th: 1-3pm OPEN, 6-8pm BOOKED OUT
Wed Nov 13th: 1 -3pm OPEN, 6-8pm, BOOKED OUT
Here is some more general things to know about the workshop:
- There is no sewing involved in this workshop. You will learn the different pattern pieces required and how we construct our bags. You will understand where each pattern piece fits into the construction of the bag and may choose which type of fabric goes where. Or if you are happy with your one fabric you may decide what part of the pattern should feature more prominently.
- You will have access to over 300kg of designer fabrics from our supply. So you don't need t ok bring you own if you don't have any.
- You may also bring your own fabrics or clothing you wish to up-cycle or use. You may bring some and choose to mix fabrics together.
Here the fabrics required for each product:
- Weekender: 2mtrs square
- Royal Backpack: 1.2mtrs square
- Mini-Royal Backpack: 80cm square
- Smaller items: 70cm square to be safe :)
- We have had past participants bring in kimonos, jackets, shirts, pants, dresses and t-shirts to up-cycle.
- Almost anything is suitable to use, however, we don’t recommend any silk, lace or very thin materials. The thicker the fabric, the more robust and strong. If you have a thin fabric we can add structure to it by adding interfacing to it.
- We have had children participate with their parents or guardian. It is a fun activity to do together.
- One of the funnest parts of customising your bags is mixing and matching different colours, textures and fabrics to your bag.
- Expect to draw on fabric with chalk. Choose which bit goes where and create a one-of-kind piece. And cutting the fabric too! And having lots of fun.
- You can make an all black bag if you like. It doesn't have to be multicoloured or anything. It's for you to customise into something you would like.
- Once your pattern fabric pieces has been chosen, drawn and carefully cut, we will personally take it with us to our production house in Cambodia. To be sewn and put together. It will return, ready for pick up in our store by Dec 5th. You may request for it to be sent to you if you like.
- We will have complimentary snacks and drinks for this November workshop series.
- It usually takes 2hours to complete the bigger items. The smaller items can be much quicker to complete.
- Workshops will be held at our shop at: 422 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, VIC 3065.
This is going to be a fun and awesome experience! We thank you so much for your support. You will also be helping reduce waste, create ethical employment for people in Cambodia and contribute to providing access to quality education for kids living in rural Cambodia.
We hope this list answers all your questions. But it you have more please email at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will happily answer :) Happy Customising! x